If your pet has gone missing and you believe he or she may be at The Animal Care Shelter for Kent County, please take the following steps:
- Please call the Shelter at 410-778-3648, Animal Control at 410-708-5006, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also come to our physical location at 10720 Augustine Herman Highway, several miles north of Chestertown, Maryland on State Route 213.
- Pets can be reclaimed during regular business hours: Tuesday through Saturday from 11am until 4pm.
- Please bring proof of ownership of your animal when coming to reclaim your pet. Proof may be a photograph of your pet within the past year and/or current vet records.
YOU MUST HAVE PROOF OF OWNERSHIP TO RECLAIM YOUR ANIMAL.
- The owner or designated agent must provide identification such as a valid driver’s license.
- The following fees may apply to reclaim your pet:
First occurrence: $50.00
Second occurrence: $100.00
After the third impoundment, the animal will be spayed or neutered in accordance with Kent County Ordinance 64-5 B
Boarding Fee: $25/day, per animal
Rabies: You will be required to submit proof of rabies vaccination within two weeks of the date of reclaim.
County License: 1 year county license will be required for reclaim of a dog. Fees for license are: $5.00 for an altered animal; $10.00 for an unaltered animal
Microchip: Required for animal release – $25.00
IF NOT RECLAIMED WITHIN 8 DAYS, STRAY ANIMALS BECOME ADOPTABLE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
NOTE: FEES MAY BE WAIVED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE ANIMAL CARE SHELTER FOR KENT COUNTY.
PLEASE CALL 410-778-3648 IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.